Mineral Resource Director
Duties:This position is responsible for all aspects of geological work ranging from Grade Control, Reconciliation, Resource Modelling, Near-Mine exploration as well as development of Greenfield and brownfield projects to ensure an appropriate growth strategy with a well-populated pipeline of new projects
The main role is to manage the Mineral Resources Department and ensure that the mineral resources and ore reserves are estimated and delineated in the best possible manner and according the best industry standards to maximise economic extraction by minimising ore loss and dilution. The role is also responsible for a range of Mine Evaluation Studies, associated test programs and physical and financial modelling.
- Develop and implement an appropriate exploration strategy to ensure a pipeline of new projects/economic deposits are available and which would be fully delineated to enable them to be brought on-stream as part of the replacement of depleted resources;
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting functions of the Geology Department and ensure timely and accurate reporting according to current Mine requirements;
- Continually mentor and develop the skills of local staff through a program of continual improvement including on the job training, external and internal courses and career path development programs;
- Develop appropriate resource and grade control models to accurately reflect the geological and structural environments;
- Responsible for all aspects of grade control, ensuring minimal ore losses and dilution, as well as maintaining an appropriate stockpile strategy;
- Ensure that all geological work is carried out safely and take responsibility for the safety of the workers according to site specific Programs;
- Lead the annual Strategic Business Plan process;
- Maintain detailed monthly reconciliation reporting;
- Maintain an open-pit geotechnical management plan;
- Engage and liaise with consultants to optimise exploration effort.
Requirements:- BSc in Geology;
- From 15 years of experience in mining geology, of which the majority in gold mining;
- Experienced in management of geology department including Greenfields and Brownfields exploration, Production geology and Resource Evaluation sections
- Several years close involvement in exploration programs, especially near-mine resource development;
- Proficient in the use Resource Modelling Software (Surpac, Datamine, Leapfrog would be advantageous);
- Familiarity with advanced geostatistical software ( Snowden Supervisor, Isatis) would be advantageous;
- Excellent written & verbal English, French as an advantage.
Conditions:- Office location: Bissa Gold mine, Centre-Nord region, Bam province, 100 km north of Ouagadougou;
- Working schedule: 6 weeks on - 3 weeks off rotational basis;
- Competitive package of salary, benefits and annual bonus scheme.
For more information, interested persons can contact: