Nordgold Bissa Gold SA is looking for an experienced and qualified Mine Superintendent to join its team at the Bissa/Bouly Mine Site in Burkina Faso, The Mine Superintendent will be reporting to the Mine Manager and will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the mine and related areas, including but not limited to conventional load and haul, dewatering and equipment operator training. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone to join the organization and make a significant impact while working with the senior leadership team to lead and guide the organization.
• Responsible for ensuring that the department activities are consistent with established safety and environmental practices of the company;
• Ensuring that production plans, schedules and overall production KPIs are met while maintaining efficient operations and high productivity standards;
• Ensure good expit and inpit drainage and water control through optimal pump and sump allocation;
• Regular and effective communication with Mine Technical services teams in the department (Survey, Mine Planning, Geotech, Dispatch) to ensure improved quality of work in line with department KPIs;
• Communication with Geology, Mobile Maintenance and Processing Departments, as well as with other support departments;
• Mentor and develop national supervisors to high operating standards;
• Ensure operators and supervisors are trained and experienced for assigned tasks and equipment operations;
• Promote continuous improvement in all aspects of Mine Operations;
• Acting role for Mine Manager.