Head of Exploration Geology, HQ
- Education: BSc (Bachelors) in Geology – Honors and/or MSc a plus.
- + 15 to 20 years of Mineral Exploration and Project Evaluation experience, with a strong background in Orogenic Gold deposits and similar mineralization systems in support of both Open Pit and UG asset development. Have the ability to drive development and implementation of the Group Exploration Strategy through multi-regional exploration programs (greenfields and brownfields), to deliver superior-value/high margin discoveries.
- Management and leadership of complex discovery teams and projects at the province to the country level.
- Negotiation and management of commercial exploration agreements (including CAs, option agreements, JVs – joint ventures).
- In-depth technical experience in exploration for a variety of priority projects and deposit styles.
- Management of community and government relations issues, ideally including community development programs.
- General management practices in an applied technical environment; e.g. finance (budget, accounting, governance), SHE (systems management and application, practical procedures, leadership).
- Management or coordination of advanced projects
- Thorough understanding of the mining process (technical & economical), as well as operational Mineral Resources Management.
- Knowledge of safety policies, procedures and the important role of consistently demonstrating required behaviors and championing safety values.
- Deep understanding of Mineral Systems, discovery tools, techniques, methods.
- Deep understanding of optimal discovery program design, from project generation through to deposit testing and evaluation.
- Support and lead multiple technically excellent Exploration teams, supporting the delivery of the Group’s Exploration and wider Business Development and M&A strategy.
- Develop and actively manage a regional project portfolio aligned with Group Exploration strategy.
- Plan and execute regional greenfields and brownfields discovery programs on budget and on the plan.
- Obtain and maintain a license to operate (Safety and Health, Environment, Community Relations) through relationships with key stakeholders such as elected officials, government authorities and business partners.
- Be an active member of Nordgold’s Exploration and Business Development leadership team in order to contribute to the Exploration strategy, portfolio prioritization, resource allocation and technical reviews.
- The job holder to relocate to Russian Federation and work out of the Moscow corporate office (HQ).
- Extensive travels may be required.