Senior Mobile Maintenance Supervisor
Duties- To oversee the execution of the weekly plan for the maintenance activities of the Mining fleet by providing direction to the Supervisors and the maintenance crews.
- Ensure the unplanned breakdown work is managed effectively.
- Provide technical advice, Fault finding and failure analysis for existing plant/equipment, assist with developing projects. communicate with consultants or contractors.
- Actively participate in all section activities, shift handover communications, toolbox meetings and any other activities as necessary to promote excellence in communications.
- Liaise with other cross-functional sections in order to gain agreement on priorities to enable completion of set tasks in a timely and safe manner.
- Ensure PM inspections are being carried out to the highest quality and all corrective work is identified before becoming a breakdown.
- Ensure Supervisors are completing paperwork timely and of the highest quality and all information is getting back to the planners to update the CMMS
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement in Maintenance activities by encouraging and providing input on processes and support to all subordinates
- Provide leadership and mentoring for area shift Supervisors including ongoing training and development, performance management, conflict management and crisis management.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to national HME team.
- Ensure that safety policies are followed and enforced.
*Hands-on approach this job consists of 80% in the field on the job.
Requirements- Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical engineering, Associates Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience in a maintenance role
- From 5 years in a supervisory role
- The vast experience of heavy mining equipment maintenance, electrical fault finding experience would be an advantage.
- Strong inspecting, troubleshooting and maintaining skills in CAT and Komatsu heavy mobile equipment
- Welding knowledge would be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of planning and scheduling and backlog management.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge and skills to workforce
- Experience in Africa or a developing countries which requires systematic coaching and training of employees
- Proficient in CMMS, MS Office, SAP knowledge is an advantage
- Fluent in English, Basic French would be an advantage
Conditions- Location: Burkina Faso, Centre-Nord region, Bam province, 100 km north of Ouagadougou
- Working schedule: 6 weeks on/ 3 weeks off rotational basis
- Competitive package of salary, benefits and annual bonus scheme
- Medical and life insurance, in and out flights within the rotation schedule, accommodation and meals at the mine site
- Working in a multi-cultural environment
- Continuous professional development
For more information, interested persons can contact: