FMS Superintendent (Wenco)
Duties:• Monitoring and Management of the department in line with the mine plan and coordination between all stake holders, including contract and project management.
• Development of short / medium and long-term direction of the FMS system to allow the company to obtain the maximum benefits from the system.
• Analysis of key production and productivity information to ensure the maximum efficiency of the mining equipment.
• Responsible for the training of users of the system to ensure the maximum use of available data and reporting capabilities.
• Develop training packages for the dispatch engineers, Hardware technicians and shift dispatchers to improve their level of knowledge in the system.
• Ensure high levels of data accuracy and system availability
• Perform daily checks to identify system performance and determine best means to address any deficiencies.
• Create key production related reports as required.
• Relocation of mobile access points as required ensuring radio and network coverage of mining areas.
• Use electronic diagnostic equipment to ensure maximum performance of the system.
• Develop system as required to ensure it meets requirements of the business group.
• Maintain good working relationship and have good communication with the other department and OEMs
• All other duties as assigned by Management
Requirements:• A strong open cut mining back ground or experience in technical services
• Five plus years of operating the WENCO as a dispatcher / head of dispatch from client or supplier sides (WENCO)
• Experience in development of the system from scratch and development of production reporting systems on the mines
• Strong ability to identify opportunities for efficiency improvement and further system development
• The ability to train dispatching team and bring best practice WENCO experience
• The ability to administer the WENCO systems if required
• The ability to generate new reports from WENCO with the best application to local specific
• The ability to identify and solve current gaps in the system
• The ability to communicate with people of different cultures and low literacy levels.
• Good workable business communication in both English and French.
Conditions:• Work location - SMD LEFA (Lero, Guinea)
• 8 weeks on - 4 weeks off rotational basis
• Competitive package of salary, benefits and annual bonus scheme
For more information, interested persons can contact: